“Working from a comprehensive understanding of our client’s strategy and goals, we assemble a wide range of prospective buyers for every transaction. Then we conduct a rigorous, disciplined and highly effective sale process.”
David Clark, a Managing Director with JEGI, provides M&A advisory services to traditional and technology-enabled marketing services companies. Mr. Clark's focus and transaction experience also includes companies in adjacent markets, such as business information, market research, application software and information technology services.
Mr. Clark has nearly 20 years of experience in investment banking and business development consulting. Prior to joining JEGI, he was a Managing Director at Deloitte & Touche Corporate Finance and a senior member of Deloitte's global TMT (Technology, Media & Telecom) industry practice. At Deloitte, Mr. Clark acted as financial and strategic advisor to US and international companies on cross-border M&A assignments, joint ventures and growth capital financings. Previously, he served as Vice President of the Bank of Tokyo's New York Investment Banking Group where his responsibilities included managing the bank's US venture capital and private equity relationships and investment portfolio.
In 2008, Mr. Clark was elected to the Board of Directors of the Massachusetts Information & Technology Exchange (MITX), the leading industry association bringing together digital technology, marketing, and media professionals to engage in "what is next" for the web and how it impacts the marketing and business worlds.
Mr. Clark earned an MBA from the University of Virginia-Colgate Darden School of Business, an MA in International Studies from the University of Virginia College of Arts and Sciences, and a BS in Economics from Washington University in St. Louis. Mr. Clark is a certified NASD representative.
Interested parties may contact Mr. Clark via e-mail, or at the firm's address.
Notable engagements include:
- Sale of Thomson Reuters' Fiduciary Tax Outsourcing Business to Ernst & Young;
- Sale of BGT to PwC;
- Sale of MRSI to ORC International;
- Sale of McMurry and TMG to The Wicks Group of Companies;
- Sale of ePrize to Catterton Partners;
- Sale of Blue State Digital to WPP Digital;
- Sale of All Island Media to Wafra Partners LLC;
- Hearst Corporation's acquisition of iCrossing;
- Sale of Experian's Vente to Q Interactive;
- Sale of Staffing Industry Analysts to Crain Communications;
- Sale of M:Metrics to comScore;
- Sale of The Becker Group to Viad Corp.;
- Sale of Circles, a leading provider of loyalty marketing services, to Sodexho;
- Sale of Cymfony to Taylor Nelson Sofres;
- Sale of Aberdeen Group to Harte Hanks; and
- Sale of Thomson's Peterson's division to Nelnet.